Constitution and Bylaws
Experimental Aircraft Association, CSRA Chapter 172, Inc.
ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of this organization is the Experimental Aircraft association, CSRA Chapter 172, Inc.
ARTICLE II - LOCATION OF OFFICE
The office for the transaction of business for the organization shall be located in the Augusta, Georgia, area.
ARTICLE III - PURPOSE
The purposes for which this association is formed are:
* a. To encourage, aid and engage in scientific research for the improvement and better understanding of aviation and the science of aeronautics.
* b. To foster, promote and engage in aviation education.
* c. To establish and maintain an aviation museum and air education center to contain exhibits of historical and scientific interest.
ARTICLE IV - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1 - Eligibility for Membership
* a. Eligibility for membership is open to any person of good moral character subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
* b. An Honorary Member shall be any person nominated by the membership and approved by the Board of Directors as such a member.
Section II - Classification of Membership
* a. A voting member shall be any member of the Experimental Aircraft Association in good standing.
* b. Honorary members shall not be entitled to vote, nor shall they hold office in this Association.
Section III - Duration of Membership
* a. Duration of membership is for a 12 (twelve) month period following payment of dues.
* b. Duration of Honorary membership shall be for one year following such nomination by members and approved by the Board of Directors as stated in .Section I, paragraph (b) of this Article.
* c. Renewal of an Honorary membership may be made in accordance with .Section I, paragraph (b), of this article.
Section IV - Expulsion of Members
* a. Any member deemed undesirable by acts or deeds that tend to jeopardize our organization can be expelled at any published meeting by a 75% popular vote of the members.
ARTICLE V - DUES
Section I - Rate of Assessment
* a. Rate of assessment of dues will be determined by financial obligations and approved by the Board of Directors.
Section II - Collection of Dues
* a. Payment of dues shall be made to the Treasurer or direct to headquarters.
ARTICLE VI - OFFICERS
Section I - Executive Office
* a. The Executive Office of this organization shall have a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
* b. The President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected by the members at the regular meeting of the members, and shall hold office until their successors are elected and qualified.
* c. The Treasurer shall be bonded. The premium is at the expense of the Association.
Section II - President
* a. The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Association and of the Board of Directors. He may call any special meeting of the members of the Board of Directors and shall have, subject to the advice and control of the Directors, general charge of the business of the Association. He shall execute, in the name of the Association, all certificates of membership. He shall execute with the Secretary all contracts, instruments and checks which have first been approved by the Board of Directors.
Section III - Vice President
* a. The Vice President shall be vested with all the powers and shall perform the duties of the President in case of the absence or disability of the President.
* b. The Vice President shall also perform such duties connected with the operation of the Association as he may undertake at the suggestion of the President.
Section IV - Secretary
* a. The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all proceedings of the members and the Board of Directors in books provided for that purpose. He shall attend to the giving and serving of notices of all meetings of the members and of the Board of Directors and otherwise. He shall keep a proper membership book showing the name of each member of the Association and the book of By-Laws, and such other books and papers as the Board of Directors may direct. He shall execute with the President, in the name of the Association, all contracts and instruments which have been first approved by the Board of Directors.
* b. The Secretary shall perform such duties connected with the operation of the Association as directed by the President.
* c. The Secretary shall perform all duties incident to said office subject to the control of the Board of Directors.
Section V - Treasurer
* a. The Treasurer, and the President, shall execute in the name of the Association all checks for the expenditures authorized by the Board of Directors. He shall receive and deposit all funds of the Association in the bank selected by the Board of Directors which funds shall be paid out only by check as herein before provided. He shall also account for all receipts, disbursements, and balance at hand.
* b. The Treasurer shall perform such duties connected with the operation of the Association as directed by the President.
* c. The Treasurer shall perform all duties incident to said office subject to the control of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE VII - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
* a. The powers, business and property of the Association shall be exercised, conducted and controlled by a Board of Directors of not less than five nor more than ten members.
* b. The Board of Directors shall consist of the the four duly elected officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. In addition the Board of Directors shall include the Technical Counselor, Newsletter Editor, Young Eagles Coordinator, Flying Start Coordinator, Program Chairman and Internet WebMaster. In the event someone shall occupy two or more of these positions that person shall act as only one director and have only one vote. The President shall be the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The Vice-President shall be the Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors. (This addition approved by a two-thirds majority of members present at the February 12, 1998, meeting).
* c. In case of vacancy in the Board, the remaining Directors shall fill such vacancy by appointment from the Association membership. If three or more vacancies occur at any one time, they shall be filled by vote of the members at a meeting duly called.
* d. Regular meetings of the Board of Directors shall be called at any time and place to be determined by the President.
* e. Special meetings of the Board of Directors shall be called at any time on the order of the President or on the order of three Directors.
* f. Notice of special meetings of the Board of Directors stating the time and in general terms, the purpose, shall be mailed or personally given to Directors not later than the day before the day appointed for the meeting. If all directors shall be present at any meeting any business may be transacted without previous notice.
* g. Four (4) Directors shall constitute a quorum of the Board at all meetings and the affirmative vote of a majority shall be necessary to pass any resolution or authorize any act of the Association.
* h. The Board of Directors shall cause to be kept a complete record of all its acts and proceedings of its meetings.
* i. The Board of Directors shall have the power and authority to promulgate and enforce all rules and regulations pertaining to the use and operation of Association property and to do and perform, or cause to be done and performed, any and every act which the Association may lawfully do and perform.
* j. To remain eligible to serve on the Board of Directors each member thereof must attend 50% of meetings of the Directors during each calendar year.
ARTICLE VIII - MEETINGS OF MEMBERS
* a. All meetings of the members, except as herein otherwise provided, shall be held at a place to be determined by the President.
* b. Notice of the annual meeting of the members shall be given by notice published in the official publication of the Association at least ten (10) days before each meeting.
* c. Special meetings of the members may be held at such time and place as the President may determine, or may be called by a majority of the Directors.
* d. Notice of special meetings of members, stating the time and in general terms the purpose thereof, shall be given in a like manner as the notice required for the regular annual meetings.
* e. At any meeting of the members, a quorum shall consist of 20% of the total members who are in good standing, represented either in person or by proxy. (The change from 50% to 20% approved by a two-thirds majority of members present at the February 12, 1998, meeting).
* f. The President, or in his absence, the Vice President, or in the absence of the President and Vice President, a Chairman elected by the members present shall call the meeting of the members to order and shall act as the presiding officer thereof.
* g. At every meeting of the members, each member shall have only one vote. In the absence of a member he shall have the right to vote by proxy or to give his proxy to another member in good standing.
* h. A majority vote of the members present is necessary for the adoption of any resolution and for the election of a member to the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IX - VACANCIES
* a. If the office of President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer becomes vacant for any reason, the Board of Directors shall elect a successor who shall hold office for the unexpired term.
ARTICLE X - AMENDMENTS
* a. These By-Laws may be repealed or amended or new By-Laws may be adopted at any meeting of the members called for that purpose or at the annual meeting of the members by a two-thirds majority vote of members present at such meeting.
ARTICLE XI - SEAL
* a. A corporate seal may be provided for.
501(c)(3) TAX EXEMPT STATUS
This page Created with FrontPage Editor 021598
This page last updated: 071298@1125EST